Over the last few months we have seen that a number of Cricket Clubs have experienced theft of their ground machinery.
What can you do as a club?
Be vigilant & review your security before you are the next victim by taking these
Key Action Steps
- Review current physical security at your premises, including any outbuildings, paying particular attention to the quality of the locks and padlocks.
- Check whether you comply with insurer’s Minimum Security Standards (MSS) which will apply and if not that you have their agreement for any alternative arrangements.
- Ensure any outside lighting or CCTV are working or consider installing.
- Assess the degree of accessibility and possible concealment for criminals - lock away any ladders and keep trees and shrubs trimmed.
- Ensure items of your machinery are chained together, or to an immoveable object using a heavy duty chain and close shackle padlock?
- Consider extra security by fitting or upgrading the alarm system, fitting extra locks/bars, grilles or shutters
- Seek independent crime prevention advice, e.g. from the police.
- Is the sum insured for your Ground Machinery, and General Contents, up to date and adequate?
- Make an inventory of all your machinery and also take photos to ensure a smoother path if a claim has to be made.
- Review security in the event of any loss. If you do not do so a repeat incident is likely to occur.
Any queries please contact us
Phone: 01630 658 455