Over the last few months we have seen that a number of Cricket Clubs have experienced theft of their ground machinery.
What can you do as a club?
Be vigilant & review your security before you are the next victim by taking these
Key Action Steps
- Review current physical security at your premises, including any outbuildings, paying particular attention to the quality of the locks and padlocks.
- Check whether you comply with insurer’s Minimum Security Standards (MSS) which will apply and if not that you have their agreement for any alternative arrangements.
- Ensure any outside lighting or CCTV are working or consider installing.
- Assess the degree of accessibility and possible concealment for criminals - lock away any ladders and keep trees and shrubs trimmed.
- Ensure items of your machinery are chained together, or to an immoveable object using a heavy duty chain and close shackle padlock?
- Consider extra security by fitting or upgrading the alarm system, fitting extra locks/bars, grilles or shutters
- Seek independent crime prevention advice, e.g. from the police.
- Is the sum insured for your Ground Machinery, and General Contents, up to date and adequate?
- Make an inventory of all your machinery and also take photos to ensure a smoother path if a claim has to be made.
- Review security in the event of any loss. If you do not do so a repeat incident is likely to occur.
Any queries please contact us
Phone: 01630 658 455
JUST TO REMIND YOU THAT
THIS YEAR WE ARE CELEBRATING 20 YEARS
Owzat Insure can provide specialist insurance cover for your cricket club, regardless of size - we can cater for the Smallest Village Team all the way through to First-Class County Clubs. We can also cater for additional Sports such as Bowls, Hockey, Tennis, Squash etc.
We are insurance professionals who have a real passion for cricket, and you can be confident that when dealing with us you will be dealing with people who understand the clubs needs and how they operate.
We provide excellent levels of personal service and a dedicated claims handler in your hour of need.
Our Policy is underwritten by a UK leading insurer, Aviva and the legal expenses cover is provided by ARAG, giving you the confidence and financial security that comes with purchasing a quality product, with bespoke covers and a freedom of choice.
The Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced that, effective from 1st June 2017, Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) would rise from 10% to 12%
Owzat Insure shall be exhibiting at All Out Cricket Live event at Lords on Sunday 21st February 2016. If you would like to discuss your Cricket Club insurance requirements or would like a quotation come and see us on the stand.