Making a Claim
At Owzat Insure it is part of our philosophy to assist our clubs in their time of need, and try to ensure claims are dealt with as quickly as possible, so that you can go back to doing what you enjoy most – playing cricket.
- Material Damage Claim Form – complete this form for claims such as theft, fire, escape of water, accidental damage, and storm, where the club have suffered some sort of damage or loss.
- Public Liability Claim Form – complete this form for claims where a third party is holding you liable for either damage or bodily injury suffered.
- Personal Accident Claim Form – complete this form for claims where you wish to make a claim under the personal accident section of cover.
Helpful tips when making a claim:
- Notify us of any incident that may give rise to a claim as soon as possible;
- For claims involving any criminal activity (Such as theft or vandalism), report the incident to the police as soon as possible and obtain an incident reference number;
- When you believe that a loss will exceed £5,000 in value let us know as early as possible in the claims procedure. We can appoint Loss Adjusters to deal with your claim and speed up the procedure;
- Keep evidence of ownership for items, you may be asked to supply this in the event of a claim. This can be in the form of a purchase invoice, photos of the equipment, bank statements showing transactions where the equipment was purchased, and old inventories that show the equipment was in you possession;
- If a liability claim is being made against your club and you receive any correspondence from the Third Party or their representatives, then do not reply to it. Pass it to us as soon as possible, and your insurers will respond to them;
- Check your policy documents. You can download the full policy wording by clicking here.